By Carol Plueddemann
12 Studies for Groups or Individuals.
How did people like Daniel, David, and Mary talk to God? What can we learn from their example? What can we know about God himself from the prayers of Hannah, Job, and Paul?
These studies will help you discover new insights about prayer, God's character, and the lives of his praying people. Your own prayer life will be enriched as you study the great prayers of Scripture.
1. Abraham: What is God Like? (Genesis 18:1-33)
2. Hannah: A Cry and a Song (1 Samuel 1:1-20 ; 2:1-10)
3. David: A Prayer at the End of Life (1 Chronicles 29:1-30)
4. Solomon: "Hear and Forgive" (2 Chronicles 6:1-7:4)
5. Job: Trusting God for Who He is (Job 38:1-18 ' 40:1-5 ; 42:1-16)
6. Daniel: A Scriptural Agenda for Prayer (Daniel 9:1-19)
7. Habakkuk: Praying with God's Perspective (Habakkuk 3:1-19)
8. The Levites: A Prayer of Corporate Confession (Nehemiah 9:1-38)
9. Mary: A Prayer of Joy (Luke 1:26-56)
10. Jesus: A Prayer for His Family (Matthew 6:5:15)
11. Jesus: A Farewell Prayer (John 17)
12. Paul: Bold Prayer for Ultimate Concerns (Ephesians 3:14-21)